New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/21/2023 5:49:40 PM
The purpose of a planned development is to:
1. Encourage the adaptive reuse of existing structures in a manner that promotes sustainable development and design compatible with the character of the surrounding area and adjoining properties.
2. Encourage the master planning of development on larger tracts of land to promote site-specific flexibility and to manage the impact of these developments on the provision of City services and infrastructure.
3. Encourage creative and innovative approaches to the use of land that results in more sustainable development and design than might otherwise be accomplished under the strict application of this Ordinance.
4. Provide for the efficient use of land to preserve natural functions and to facilitate a more effective arrangement of land uses, buildings, circulation systems and utilities.
5. Preserve natural amenities of the land through the provision and maintenance of conservation areas and usable open spaces.
6. Facilitate the implementation of the Master Plan.
7. Promote a full range of housing choices for households of all incomes in adaptive reuse planned developments.