New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 10:04:32 PM
27.3 Requests for Reasonable Accommodations
A. Requests for reasonable accommodations shall be made to the Executive Director of the City Planning Commission in writing, using the appropriate City form, and shall provide the following information:
1. Name and address of the individual or entity requesting reasonable accommodation. If the applicant is applying on behalf of an individual with a disability, the name and address of the individual with a disability shall also be provided.
2. Address of the property for which the accommodation is requested.
3. Attestation that the applicant is (a) an individual with a disability, (b) applying on behalf of an individual with a disability, or (c) a developer or provider of housing for one or more individuals with a disability.
4. Description of the disability at issue, the requested accommodation, and the specific regulation(s), policy, practice or procedure for which the accommodation is sought.
5. Documentation that the specific accommodation requested by the applicant is necessary for the individual(s) with the disability to use and enjoy the dwelling, or is necessary to make the development of housing for individuals with disabilities financially or practically feasible.
6. Any other information that the Executive Director of the City Planning Commission concludes is necessary in order to make the findings required by Section 27.5 as may be in accordance with applicable local, state and federal Fair Housing Laws.
B. Any personal information regarding the disability status identified by an applicant as confidential shall be retained in a manner so as to respect the privacy rights of the applicant and/or individual and shall not be made available for public inspection.
C. A request for reasonable accommodations in regulations, policies, practices and procedures may be filed at any time that the accommodation may be necessary to ensure equal access to housing. A reasonable accommodation request does not affect an applicant’s obligations to comply with other applicable regulations not at issue in the requested accommodation.
D. If an individual needs assistance in making a request for reasonable accommodation, the City will provide assistance to ensure that the process is accessible.