New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 4:48:46 PM
24.9.A General Regulations for all Temporary Signs
1. All temporary signs require a sign permit unless specifically exempted by this section.
2. Temporary signs shall be related to on-premise services. Non-commercial messages are also permitted. Temporary off-premises signs are prohibited.
3. No temporary sign may be illuminated.
4. All temporary signs shall remain in good condition during the display period. Throughout the display period, corrective action shall be taken immediately should there be any problems with the appearance, condition, or maintenance of the sign and/or support hardware.
5. Temporary signs in the public right-of-way and on public buildings are prohibited unless permitted by this Ordinance or the City Code.