New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 9:36:06 PM
23.3.B Content of Landscape Plan
Landscape plans - except those for only a buffer yard as required in Section 23.8 or parking lot landscaping in Section 23.7.A - shall be prepared by a registered landscape architect licensed by the Louisiana Horticulture Commission. A horticulturist/landscape contractor licensed in Louisiana may be used for projects that do not require a stormwater management plan. A landscape plan shall contain the following information:
1. The location and dimensions of all existing and proposed structures, property lines, servitudes, parking lots and drives, roadways and rights-of-way, sidewalks, signs, refuse disposal and recycling areas, sidewalks, bicycle paths and parking facilities, fences, electrical equipment, recreational facilities, drainage facilities, and other freestanding structures, as determined necessary by the Executive Director of the City Planning Commission.
2. The location, quantity, size, name, and condition, both botanical and common, of all existing plant materials and trees, and a description of all tree preservation measures.
3. The location, quantity, size, name, and condition of all plant material and trees in the right-of-way, and indicating plant material and trees to be retained and removed.
4. The location, quantity, size, and name, both botanical and common, of all proposed plant material including, but not limited to, shade and evergreen trees, shrubs, groundcover, annuals, perennials, and turf.
5. The existing and proposed grading of the site indicating contours at one (1) foot intervals.
6. Building elevations of all proposed fences, walls, steps, and fixed retaining walls (cast concrete, unitized walls) on the site.
7. Landscape plans and specifications shall be designed following sustainability principles as set forth in the sustainable landscaping Louisiana Yards and Neighborhoods (LYN) Program published by the LSU AgCenter, latest edition.
8. Other details as deemed necessary by the Executive Director of the City Planning Commission.
Ord. 29126 MCS, 8-4-22, ZD 16/22