New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 9:45:11 PM
22.6 Bicycle Parking
22.6.A General Requirements
1. All uses listed within Table 22-1 are required to provide short-term bicycle parking spaces, which are areas where bicycles will be left for short stops, requiring a high degree of convenience. Certain uses listed within Table 22-1 require a percentage of the required bicycle parking spaces to provide long-term bicycle parking spaces, where bicycles will be left for longer periods of time and require a safe and weatherproof storage area.
2. In all cases where bicycle parking is required, a minimum of two (2) bicycle spaces is required.
3. After the first thirty (30) required bicycle parking spaces are provided, additional bicycle parking spaces are required at one-half (½) space per unit listed in Table 22-1.
4. Where bicycle parking space requirements in Table 22-1 indicate “Over 10,000sf GFA” or other number threshold, this means that bicycle spaces are required only for structures over a certain gross floor area. In these cases, bicycle parking space requirements are calculated on the basis of the entire gross floor area.
22.6.B Required Bicycle Facilities
Shower and locker facilities for bicyclists are required for offices and government offices, university and vocational educational facilities, hospitals and industrial uses over forty thousand (40,000) square feet in gross floor areas.
1. A minimum of two (2) showers in projects between forty thousand (40,000) square feet and one-hundred twenty five thousand (125,000) square feet, and three (3) showers for any project over one-hundred twenty five thousand (125,000) square feet. Dressing areas and lockers shall be provided as part of the shower facilities.
2. Lockers for clothing and other personal effects shall be located in proximity to showers and dressing areas to permit access to the locker areas. A minimum of one (1) clothes locker is required for each long-term bicycle parking space provided.