New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 10:41:35 PM
22.5.A Exemptions from Vehicle Parking Requirements
1. All Historic Core Neighborhood Districts, the HU-B1A District, and the Central Business District are exempt from the vehicle parking requirements of Table 22-1. However, the HMC-2 District and HM-MU District are not eligible for this exemption.
2. In the Historic Urban Neighborhood Districts, all single-family and two-family dwellings on lots of thirty (30) feet or less in lot width are exempt from all off-street vehicle parking requirements.
3. The principal use “neighborhood commercial establishment” is exempt from all off-street vehicle parking requirements.
4. In the Historic Urban Neighborhood Districts, where forty percent (40%) of existing single-family or two-family dwellings on a blockface, as of the effective date of this Ordinance, have been developed with no off-street vehicle parking, a single-family or two-family dwelling on that blockface may be rebuilt without off-street vehicle parking. If a blockface contains no single- or two-family dwellings, this exemption does not apply.
5. The first three-thousand (3,000) square feet in gross floor area for commercial uses in the HMC-2 District are exempt from the vehicle parking requirements of Table 22-1.
6. The first five-thousand (5,000) square feet in gross floor area for commercial uses in the HU-B1, HU-MU and MU-1 Districts are exempt from the vehicle parking requirements of Table 22-1. Those commercial uses five-thousand (5,000) square feet or less in gross floor area located within a shopping center configuration are not eligible for this exemption and shall provide the required vehicle parking for a shopping center.
7. When a commercial use's parking requirement is not based on square feet of floor area, the amount of exempt parking spaces shall be calculated based on the ratio of the SF exemption to the GFA of the use, including all ancillary uses.
Ord. 29126, 8-12-22, ZD016/22