New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 10:57:27 PM
22.2.C Increase in Intensity of Use
Whenever the intensity of a use is increased, such as an increase in the number of dwelling units, floor area, seating capacity or other unit of measurement used to calculate the number of required number of vehicle and bicycle parking spaces, additional spaces shall be provided for that increase, except as described below:
1. No additional vehicle and bicycle parking spaces are required if the increase would result in an increase of spaces of less than ten percent (10%). The ten percent (10%) threshold is calculated by dividing the number of additional spaces required by the increase in intensity divided by those spaces required before the increase. Whenever there is an increase in the intensity of a use that creates a need for additional vehicle and bicycle parking spaces of ten percent (10%) or more, the additional spaces are required. This also applies to a simultaneous increase in intensity of a group of uses on the same lot which together result in a need for an increase in vehicle and bicycle parking spaces of ten percent (10%) or more.
2. An increase in the intensity of a use is permitted an off-street vehicle parking exemption in accordance with Section 22.5.
3. An increase in the intensity of a use is permitted to provide collective parking in accordance with Section 22.15.
4. An increase in the intensity of a use is permitted to use the fee-in-lieu vehicle parking provision in accordance with Section 22.17.
5. A variance is obtained for the additional required vehicle and bicycle spaces parking.