New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 6:55:27 PM
21.8.B General Provisions
Every temporary use shall comply with all the requirements listed below.
1. A temporary use that causes, or threatens to cause, an on-site or off-site threat to the public health, safety, and welfare is prohibited.
2. Every temporary use shall be operated in accordance with such restrictions and conditions as the Fire Department may require. If required by the City, the operator of the temporary use shall employ appropriate security personnel.
3. No temporary use is permitted if the additional vehicular traffic reasonably expected to be generated by such use would have undue detrimental effects on surrounding streets and uses. No temporary use may block handicapped or fire lanes.
4. No temporary use is permitted that would unreasonably reduce the amount of parking spaces available for use in connection with the permanent use or uses located on the lot in question. The Director of Department of Safety and Permits may make an assessment of the total number of parking spaces that will be reasonably required in connection with a proposed temporary use, on the basis of the particular use, its intensity and the availability of other parking facilities in the area. The Director of Department of Safety and Permits will approve the temporary use only if such parking spaces are provided.
5. No temporary use is permitted if it conflicts with another previously authorized temporary use for the same timeframe.