New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/28/2023 1:23:20 PM
1. A carport, whether attached to the principal building or as a detached structure, may be constructed in a required interior side and rear yard, subject to the requirements of Section 21.6.A.
2. A carport may be attached to an enclosed accessory building provided that no wall of such accessory building is less than forty (40) feet from the front lot line and the wall or open side of the carport is located no less than three (3) feet from the interior side lot line. (See Figure 21-3: Carport)
3. Every part of the projection of such carport shall be at least two (2) feet from the interior side lot line. The length of a carport may not exceed forty (40) feet.
4. The height of any carport in a required yard may not exceed fourteen (14) feet.
5. A carport, whether attached to or detached from the principal building, shall be unenclosed on any interior side yard or corner side yard.
FIGURE 21-3: CARPORT