New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/21/2023 4:28:57 PM
20.3.Y Dwelling, Two-Family
1. If sold separately, each dwelling unit of a two-family dwelling must comply with a district’s minimum lot area per dwelling unit regulations.
2. The dwelling units and individual lots of a two-family dwelling may be sold separately if separate utilities systems are provided and if separate lots for all dwelling units in a building are created in conformance with the Subdivision Regulations of the City of New Orleans.
3. If sold separately, the minimum lot width for each individual dwelling shall be one-half of the required lot width for a two-family dwelling within the applicable district. The minimum lot depth for each individual dwelling shall be the same as the minimum lot depth requirement of the applicable district.
4. For purposes of the side yard regulations, a two-family dwelling shall be considered as one (1) building on one (1) lot with side yards required for the side of the units not divided by the common wall, in accordance with the applicable regulations for such district.
5. A two-family dwelling shall have a party or common wall separating the dwelling units consistent with applicable law.
6. The forgoing standards shall not be subject to waivers or variances that could be granted by the Board of Zoning Adjustments unless the City Planning Commission has granted a Tentative Approval to a plan of subdivision.