New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 6:56:22 PM
20.3.RRR Shooting Range, Indoor and Outdoor
- Shooting Ranges shall be designed, constructed, and operated per the NRA Source Book Range Guidelines, or other engineered specifications that meet or exceed the standards established by the Source Book.
- Each range shall submit a noise mitigation plan.
- Each range shall have a clear and concise safety plan.
- Each range shall have an approved Fire Safety and Response Plan.
- Gun ranges shall not sell or dispense alcoholic beverages, nor shall they be in a building which contains businesses that sells or dispense alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages are not alowwed on the premises of the gun range at any time.
- Retail sales may be permitted as an accessory use.
- No ammunition shall be used in the range that exceeds the certified design and construction specifications of the gun range.
Ord. 28736 MCS, 7-15-21, ZD 17/21