New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 5:44:57 PM
20.3.P Construction or Demolition Debris Recycling Facility
1. The minimum area requirement for construction or demolition debris recycling facilities is five (5) acres.
2. A construction or demolition debris recycling facility is subject to all federal, state, and local stormwater regulations.
3. Construction or demolition debris recycling facilities shall be located a minimum of five-hundred (500) feet from any residential district.
4. Construction or demolition debris receiving/tipping areas shall be constructed of a low permeability material to prevent infiltration and is able to withstand anticipated loads.
5. The facility shall be screened with a solid fence seven (7) feet in height.
6. All loads containing putrescible materials shall be tipped, processed, and stored indoors or under cover until sent off-site for reuse, recycling, or disposal. Wood may be stored outside if sorted within seventy-two (72) hours of receipt and immediately processed.
7. Any leachate or runoff from waste and/or recyclable material shall be contained on-site.
8. The following shall be submitted as part of the conditional use application:
a. Proposed daily average/maximum volume (in tons) of general construction or demolition debris to be received at the facility.
b. The types of material tracking methods and recordkeeping to be employed to demonstrate compliance with any applicable recycling thresholds. Records shall be kept in accordance with regulatory standards.
c. The procedures by which all non-recyclable general construction or demolition debris will be removed and disposed. Describe the method and equipment used to load recyclable and non-recyclable general construction or demolition material prior to shipment from the facility.
d. A closure plan for the facility in accordance with the Louisiana Administrative Code.
e. All processing equipment proposed to be utilized to prepare the recyclable general construction or demolition debris for stockpiling or shipment and the location and design of any noise-buffering elements, sheltering, and operating controls to minimize noise impacts.
f. Operating methods employed to control odor, accidental combustion of materials, vectors, dust, and litter.
g. Any and all air permits from the USEPA or other applicable regulatory authorities shall be obtained as necessary.
h. The method and equipment utilized to load recyclable and non-recyclable general construction or demolition for shipment from the facility.