New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 6:59:18 PM
20.3.H Batching Plant (Asphalt, Cement or Concrete)
1. Batching facilities shall be set back a minimum of fifty (50) feet from any property developed for nonindustrial uses.
2. The use shall possess or submit evidence of application for a Louisiana Air Emission Permit from the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), subject to the requirements listed in LAC 33:III.1305 – Control of Fugitive Emissions.
3. All reasonable precautions shall be taken to prevent particulate matter from becoming airborne. These precautions shall include but shall not be limited to the following:
a. Use of water or chemicals for control of dust during all site operations;
b. Appli cation of asphalt, water, or suitable chemicals on non-paved areas, materials stockpiles, and other surfaces which can give rise to airborne dusts;
c. Installation and use of dust collectors to enclose and vent the handling of dusty materials. Adequate containment methods shall be employed when necessary;
d. Open-bodied trucks transporting materials likely to give rise to airborne dust shall be covered at all times when in motion.
4. All reasonable precautions shall be taken to provide protection and mitigate impacts on surrounding properties and the neighborhood, particularly in regard to the use of any residential streets for access to the site.
5. All reasonable precautions shall be taken to prevent stormwater pollution runoff into surrounding residential streets and municipal storm sewer systems.