New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/21/2023 5:45:47 PM
1. A bar shall submit a security and operation plan, to be reviewed by the Director of Safety and Permits, and all other relevant City agencies, with the following:
a. For bars with an outdoor component, the plan shall include provisions regarding how the facility will control the sales of alcoholic beverages to ensure consumption on-premises.
b. The bar shall provide exterior security cameras, the location of which shall be indicated in the plan.
2. A bar shall submit a noise abatement plan, to be reviewed by the Director of Safety and Permits, and all other relevant City agencies.
3. On-site winery, micro-brewing and micro-distillery facilities are allowed in bars. If a bar contains a winery, brewery or distilling facility on-site, a floor plan indicating the area reserved for wine-making, brewing or distilling shall be submitted along with a description of the facility and capacity.
4. Bars shall submit a summary of the number and location of places of worship, educational facilities, and parks and playgrounds within three-hundred (300) feet of the proposed location.
5. Unless otherwise permitted by law, retail sales of packaged alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises is prohibited.
6. Bars with live entertainment are also subject to the standards of this Article. Live entertainment is a separate principal use and subject to separate approval.
7. If the bar plans an increase in intensity, such as an expansion of floor area or increase in permitted occupancy, the security and operation plan shall be updated and resubmited for approval. The revised security and operation plan shall be approved prior to the issuance of any permits.
8. Security and operation plans may be revised by the property owner or licensed operator. New plans shall be resubmitted for approval.
Ord. 28696 MCS, 6-3-21, ZD 16/21; Ord. 29126, 8-12-22, ZD016/22