New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/30/2023 4:57:12 PM
20.3.E Amusement Facility, Indoor or Outdoor
1. An indoor or outdoor amusement facility shall submit the following impact management plans, to be reviewed by the Director of Safety and Permits, and all other relevant City agencies:
a. A noise abatement plan.
b. A security and operation plan. The security plan shall include the provision of exterior security cameras.
2. If a standard restaurant or bar is allowed within the zoning district, such uses may be included as part of the indoor amusement facility so long as separate approval is obtained for the standard restaurant or bar. If alcoholic beverages are served, the applicant shall submit a summary of the number and location of places of worship, educational facilities, and parks and playgrounds within three-hundred (300) feet of the proposed location, which may trigger a prohibition as part of Section 10-110 of the City Code.
3. If the use plans an increase in intensity, such as an expansion of floor area or increase in permitted occupancy, the security and operation plan shall be updated and resubmitted for approval. A revised security and operation plan shall be approved prior to the issuance of any permits.
4. The security and operation plan may be revised by the property owner or person authorized in writing by the owner. New plans shall be resubmitted for approval.
5. Live entertainment-secondary use and outdoor live entertainment secondary use are separate principal uses and subject to separate approval. Additionally, the amusement facility must remain open while any live entertainment takes place.
Ord 29157 MCS, 9-12-22, ZD030/22