New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/28/2023 8:55:37 AM
19.4.A.4 Lower Ninth Ward Redevelopment Interim Zoning District (expired 04/17/2018)
Intent of the District
The intent of the Lower Ninth Ward Redevelopment Interim Zoning District is to establish standards for the redevelopment of non-conforming lots in the Lower Ninth Ward Neighborhood.
This IZD applies to the areas currently zoned S-RS Surburban Single-Family Residential District and S-RD Suburban Two-Family Residential District, generally bounded by St. Claude Avenue, the Industrial Canal, Florida Avenue, and the Orleans/St. Bernard Parish Line.
Existing Non-Conforming Lots
- On an existing non-conforming lot within the IZD, which does not meet the minimum base requirement for lot width, the development of a single-family residence is permitted, regardless of whether the lot is in common ownership with an adjacent property.
- On an existing non-conforming lot within the IZD, which does not meet the minimum base requirement for lot width, the development of a two-family residence is permitted where permitted by the underlying zoning, regardless of whether the lot is in common ownership with an adjacent property.
Front Yard Requirement
- Within the IZD, the front yard build-to line shall be ten (10) feet, with a permitted variation of three (3) feet plus or minus to provide variation on the block face.
- Within the IZD, a single-family residence shall be exempt from the minimum off-street parking requirements of Article 22.
- Within the IZD, a two-family residence shall be required to provide one (1) off-street parking space.
Any appeal from the requirements of this district shall be submitted to the City Planning Commission for their review and recommendation in compliance with Article 4.3 of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
Initiated by Motion No. M-16-592; Zoning Docket 11/17; Adopted by Ord. No. 27,356 M.C.S., Apr. 17, 2017