New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/28/2023 9:55:13 AM
1. The zoning text amendment creating an interim zoning district or moratorium shall be initiated by the adoption of a motion by the City Council. Except as otherwise provided in this section, an interim zoning district or moratorium for a particular area shall be established on the Official Zoning Map.
2. Prior to the initiation of the City Council motion, the City Councilmember sponsoring the motion shall follow the procedure established in Section 4.2 for zoning map amendments. If the interim zoning district or moratorium is initiated "by request," the sponsoring City Councilmember may designate the requestor to fulfill the Project NPP requirements.
3. The City Council motion initiating the interim zoning district or moratorium shall specify the type of review or study required in order to achieve the objectives of the temporary prohibition. The motion shall also specify the City agency responsible for the review or study. The designated agency shall complete its review and provide its report to the Council within the time limits established for such temporary prohibitions.
4. The motion initiating the interim zoning district or moratorium shall also incorporate regulations addressing the following factors, where applicable:
a. Intent of the interim zoning district or moratorium.
b. Delineation of interim district boundaries or area subject to the moratorium.
c. Uses permitted.
d. Limitations on uses.
e. Land use intensity, yard, lot area, and similar requirements.
f. Special provisions necessary to the accomplishment of the intended intent and purpose of the district (i.e. landscape requirements, site plan review, etc.).
g. Submittal requirements, if any.
h. Appeal procedure
5. Upon adoption of the City Council’s motion authorizing the City Planning Commission to conduct a public hearing to consider an amendment to this Ordinance to create an interim zoning district or moratorium, all appropriate agencies shall refuse to accept any new applications for permits that are in conflict with the intent and provisions of the proposed interim zoning district or moratorium. However, applications determined to be complete and received prior to adoption of such motion, may be reviewed and processed under existing regulations.
Ord. 29084 MCS, 7-7-22, ZD 017/22