New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 12/11/2023 12:55:10 AM
18.26 MIDDLE HARRISON USE RESTRICTION OVERLAY DISTRICT
Ord. No. 27,665, §2, February 8, 2018, Zoning Docket 097/17;
The Middle Harrison Use Overlay District applies to the following areas:
- Those lots in Lakeview that front on Harrison Avenue between Canal Boulevard and West End Boulevard.
Adopted by Ord. No. 27,665, §2, February 8, 2018, Zoning Docket 097/17; Ord. No. 27,961, §1, December 27, 2018, Zoning Docket 113/18;
18.26.B USE RESTRICTIONS
1. Any use, or the aggregate of uses, over four thousand (4,000) square feet in gross floor area on one lot is prohibited.
2. Maximum number of Standard Restaurants shall remain at five (5).
3. All standard restaurants are conditional uses.
4. Allow only one restaurant (of any type) in each 100 block (restaurants facing Canal Boulevard and West End Boulevard would count to that 100 block of Harrison).
**All six (6) restaurants presently operating and all five (5) restaurants in the 500 and 600 blocks of Harrison Avenue shall be grandfathered at their present location of operation.
5. Specialty Restaurants shall be a maximum of 1,250 square feet.
6. Specialty/Carryout/Fast Food Restaurants shall not serve alcohol for consumption on premises or be sold as packaged.
7. The following uses are prohibited: gas station, motor vehicle repair, minor, fast food restaurant, alcoholic beverage sales in a specialty restaurant, and bar.
- No music shall be allowed to be played at a business that is audible outside and/or have external speakers.
- Signs advertising the business shall not be allowed as monument signs on front lawns but must be attached to the front of the building to not block sight lines of side streets and alley ways exiting onto Harrison Avenue.
- Restaurants shall not open for business before 7:00 a.m. or seat new customers after 9:00 p.m.
- Buildings must have a 5 ft. setback from the sidewalk, with the area landscaped to be used as green space only.
- Deliveries and trash between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. is prohibited.
Adopted by Ord. No. 27,665, §2, February 8, 2018, Zoning Docket 097/17; Ord. No. 27,961, §1, December 27, 2018, Zoning Docket 113/18; Ord.28328 MCS, 4-15-20, ZD 115/19