New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/27/2023 8:45:44 PM
18.15.B Additional Design Review Approval Standards
In addition to the development plan and design review standards of Section 4.5, the following additional approval standards shall be considered:
1. Development shall promote safe, convenient, and attractive pedestrian and bicycle access.
2. Compact neighborhood centers shall be created at major intersections to the extent possible in order to support transit.
3. Development shall ensure compatibility between commercial uses and surrounding residential areas.
4. The architectural design should be consistent with the context, character, scale and materials of structures in the adjacent areas.
5. Neon signage is prohibited on the interior or exterior of windows, other than an “open” sign.