New Orleans Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance
Printed: 9/23/2023 10:44:16 PM
15.5.F Changes to Approved Institutional Master Plans
Once an Institutional Master Plan is approved, whether of the permitted or conditional type, certain minor modifications are allowed through review and approval by the Executive Director of the City Planning Commission. The following basic changes are allowed:
1. Construction of new structures less than two-thousand five (2,500) square feet in gross floor area that are adjunct to and support an existing use on campus.
2. Additions to existing structures of less than thirty percent (30%) of the existing gross floor area or ten thousand (10,000) square feet, whichever is less, provided the use of the structure has not changed.
3. Changes in building height that do not exceed the district maximum.
4. Increases in open space, and alternate landscape designs and stormwater management techniques.
5. New parking facilities of ten (10) or less spaces.
6. All interior renovations to a structure.
7. Façade renovation to an existing structure in conformance with the design standards of this Article.
8. A change of use to a permitted use within the district. Any change of use to a use that is conditional within the district does not qualify.
All other changes to an approved Institutional Master Plan require re-submittal and re-approval of an Institutional Master Plan in accordance with this section. This includes any changes to the boundaries of an approved Institutional Master Plan, the addition of a conditional use from Table 15-1, or any exception to the base zoning district standards of Table 15-2 or any other regulations of this Ordinance.